Saturday, December 17, 2005

Rave At Danny, Part 2

The following "Rave" excerpt happens earlier in the script than the last post. Our guys (high school geeks/outcasts Danny, Lem, Walsh and Cisco) need fake IDs to check out a rave in the city and head to a seedy dude named French (think Tim Olyphant), a local hooligan.....

INT. FRENCH’S HOUSE/LIVING ROOM - DAY
Danny, Lem, Cisco and Walsh sit on a black, leather couch. The room is full of psychedelic decor. CLASSIC ROCK plays from a record, spinning on a record player.

LEM
Well, I’m ready.
DANNY
(over the music)
What?

LEM
I’m ready! I wanna--

French enters and knocks the needle off the record. The song ends in a SCRATCH.

LEM
--go home.

French points to the door.

FRENCH
There’s the door, dude.
CISCO
He’s fine, French.
FRENCH
Doubt it.

French drags a chair in front of them and sits on it.

FRENCH
Any of you ever been to a rave?
DANNY
No. But we have contacts who have.
FRENCH
You’ll get eaten alive.
CISCO
We can handle ourselves.
FRENCH
Any of you guys even drink?
DANNY
Of course.
LEM
Yeah, like fish.
FRENCH
Fish drink water. You drink beer?
LEM
I almost did once.
FRENCH
And what happened?
LEM
I puked.
FRENCH
So be it.
(to Danny)
You drink?
DANNY
Thought about it.
FRENCH
Did you puke when you thought about it?
DANNY
No, but I got buzzed.
French laughs and runs his hands through his hair.
FRENCH
Okay. How much you got?
LEM
Is this where we negotiate a price?
FRENCH
It’s where you tell me how much you got.
DANNY
Forty bucks.

French laughs.

FRENCH
For four IDs?
DANNY
It’s all we have.
FRENCH
None of you rich?
CISCO
My Dad just borrowed ten bucks from me for gas so he could go to work today.
FRENCH
So much for pride.
(looks at Walsh)
Who are you again?
WALSH
Walsh.
FRENCH
Tommy Walsh?
WALSH
Yeah.
FRENCH
Ain’t you got a sister?
WALSH
Liz.
FRENCH
Yeah, yeah. I know Liz. She’s a hottie.
WALSH
Not to me.
FRENCH
Well, of course not. This ain’t West Virginia.

French gives them a once over.

FRENCH
Okay, boys. You ready to rave?

No comments: