First, this poster is absolutely BAD-ASS. 3:10 To Yuma stars Bale & Crowe, directed by James Mangold. Good stuff. Also, please check out The Darjeeling Limited Trailer. Looks awesome.
Okay, now, onto my meme: 8 Things you don't know about me. Hopefully it'll be more things you didn't know since we all did the last 5 things you don't know about me/us from 2 months ago.
1. I don't sing in the shower, but I sing like a mofo in my car, usually singing along to something like U2, Coldplay, Radiohead, Travis, Killers or Arcade Fire, and some old school rock like Journey.
2. When driving in my car or work van, I'm not only singing my heart out, I'm usually inspired there, too. The best place I come up with script ideas, dialogue, titles and/or scenes is while driving.
3. In 2003, I had my first big pitch meeting. It was at CAA. After ALMOST (this FRIGGIN close) winning for best comedy script at Austin I set up a meeting with a cool woman I met during the festival (a story editor). Anyhoo, I went in there and she introduces me to a hip agent dude and he tells me to pitch him some of my stuff.
AND I BLEW IT. BIG TIME.
I went in there not prepared to pitch, which was my fault. I thought I was basically following up with a friendly meeting and it became a meeting to snag an agent. So, I didn't snag a thing. Neat experience but come on, I should have been prepared. Note to all reading: BE PREPARED. It was freaking CAA!!!!
4. One day after 9/11, I deleted a script I was working on that revolved around hostages. Completely deleted it. Just couldn't work on it.
5. I hate......HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE loading a roll of film into a camera. I did it during college for my film projects, and one time while trying to load a 16mm roll in a dark closet, the inside spool popped out, and a gallon of film spilled all over the dark floor. I felt like pulling off my own head and punting it down the street.
6. When I was little, I played with Star Wars figures, GI Joe, Hot Wheels and.......Smurfs.
7. I hate to write, manually, with my hand. LOVE typing though, just don't ask me to write something out. My hand hurts just thinking about it.
8. I've never seen an episode of Survivor, American Idol or the Apprentice. But Beauty & The Geek? Oh yes.