Sunday, February 12, 2006

F'n Snow!

I used to love snow. Loved it! now that I have to shovel it, I despise it. Despise it! Especially THIS MUCH! 12+ Inches!? C'mon!

On the brighter side, the development guy at the company I sent Cricket Hill off to LOVED the script. I like when people LOVE my stuff. So, he's going to send it forward and see what his peeps think about it. My fingers are violently crossed. He also wanted loglines of my other scripts so I sent him 13 of my best.

We'll see what happens. The guy was super nice, smart, and what the hell, he loved my script! Of course we know how these things can go, his other guys might not like what he sees in it or something like that. It's happened before, not with Cricket Hill but my script The Money Shot. If you scan back a month or two of postings you'll see my posts on that. Basically, the guy who read it loved it but the other guys wanted a lot of changes, which I would have done, but there was no $$ offered, and they wanted a page 1 re-write.

Anyway, hopefully this won't go down that road. At the very least, it'll be a good contact to have - They've produced a slew of projects and have some amazing ones coming up in the future that are actually going to see theater-time!

I'll keep y'all posted.

5 comments:

taZ said...

12+ inches? Ha!

You can always come and visit Sweden, where the snow is higher than ONE METER. On road.

Good luck with your script, Cricket Hill, and the 13 apostles.

Patrick J. Rodio said...

One+ meter? Jesus Christ. I'll shut up about the snow now.

Anonymous said...

THE MONEY SHOT?

I had that in my files too, with an idea to match. Curses...

...still, titles not copyrightable (remember Sean Penn and Martin Lawrence in...Bad Boys?). Will race you to the marketplace. (Actually, my version is stalled out due to similar project, nothing like yours btw.) It IS a great title.

I don't think I've ever written the story backwards from the title, but getting a good title is often part of the creative process that makes me think, yes, this might be one to go for.

chris

writergurl said...

Good luck! You go, boy!

Um, that is once you've gotten out from under all that snow!

Alicia said...

We got 24" up in Danbury. Snow is beautiful as long as it meets the following criteria: (1) It is not snow you have to shovel; (2) It is not snow you have to drive in; (3) It is not snow that interferes with the continued delivery of power and heat to your home. Otherwise, it sucks raunchy @ss (pardon my French)!

On a more pleasant note, continued congrats on the good karma that seems to be in your corner! Can't wait to read/see your stuff!