Saturday, November 12, 2005

What A Prick

Okay, so I'm looking for a new manager. The one I have just isn't cuting it. He's not cutting anything. He'll send out a synopsis or logline, via fax, every month or so and see if anyone bites. No one usually does because what production company is waiting by the fax to get a list of loglines? Also, my guy, bless his weird heart, also answers his own phone. Not a big deal, but he'll answer is using a soft voice, then put me on hold, and pick up with his "real" voice. that just ain't right.

So I've been on a search for a new manager/agent. By the way, my guy says he's both. Is that possible? So I write to one in particular (I actually e-mailed a "creative assistant" at the management compay), explain my plight, and he says to send my best sample. Yes!! So I do, and he writes back (rather quickly) that it didn't "do anything" for him story-wise. So I send him another, something a bit more edgy, by the prickish way he writes I'm thinking he wants edgy. His reply is "Read the 1st 30 pages, it didn't rock my world. Good luck."

Hey asshole, didn't rock your world? Who talks like that? And then to add further salt to the wound, to say "good luck" as if, well. you're done. 'Night. I mean, look, I understand how things work in ol' Hollywood. It just pisses me off to no end that I got cock-blocked by some assistant, and the way he talked (okay, wrote) down to me like I was bottom-feeding garbage completely pissed me off. I mean, yo dude, you can be a little nicer, say something like "it was funny but not really my style....Not bad but not really what we're looking for."

Didn't rock your world. "CREATIVE Assistant." That's a good one.

1 comment:

Mone said...

Beeing nice wont get you anywhere in Hollywood... Good luck to you.