Monday, August 04, 2008

Unless round's funny

Got a few scripts I've been kicking around over the last few months, and as usual, will be starting a new one before the other ones are finished...or even halfway done.

Bluecat Union update - No go for the Semi-finals. Ah, phoey. Guess I'll just have to win at Austin (2nd rounders to be announced at the end of the month - fingers crossed).

Taking a look at some screenplays I started but never finished for a variety of reasons, such as America Inc, Westville, and The Wonderful World Of Wonderworld. All comedies, cause that's my thang.

I started a new screenplay about a month ago that was supposed to be a drama, but couldn't help throwing some comedy at it. Life's funny, what the hell can I do?! That one is called The Separation of Nate. Have an outline for one called Funeral also. So, I may be telling y'all about any number of these soon (hopefully I'll be saying something along the lines of "I finally finished...." or I'll be saying how I just started 6 more new scripts. Who knows. Writers write, so as long as I'm working on something, even with a lack of focus, at least I be writin.'

Still stuck on the new Coldplay, James and Weezer albums, and will be attending the All Points West shebang at Liberty State Park on August 9th with Radiohead headlining. Should be pretty amazing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

liked the new Weezer too... I am redoing the very first script I ever wrote right now, I can't believe how far I've come quality wise

E.C. Henry said...

Dude, someway, somehow you got to hook-up with Judd Apatow. I think your style would fit seamlessly with his.

Sorry to hear about Bluecat. BUT at least you managed to gain some measure of success, which is something to build on.

Good luck with the rest of your scripts, Patrick. Really looking forward to seeing your sense of humor played out on the silver screen.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

Patrick J. Rodio said...

MQ - Yup. I cringe at my first. Script that is.

EC - Thanks, dude. And I think you're right!

japhy99 said...

Man I got ousted in the semis, too!

Thomas Crymes said...

I made it all the way to honorable mention.