Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm done

Yup. I'm hanging up my screenwriting shoes. Why? I'm just beat. I've been at this thing for years now (11), and it's gotten me nowhere. Zilch. Nada. Had a few close calls but nothing ever came of anything.

I told my managers earlier today, and they understood where I was coming from. They left the door open if I decide to try again, but I can tell you that that will not be happening.

So, the plan is to pretty much stick with the regular job and concentrate on the family. Because really, I'm sick of the constant disappointment in this dead-end pipe dream.

Later.

7 comments:

Patrick J. Rodio said...

Yeah, right. Like I'd quit writing. I'll be writing until I croak.

April Fool's!

Recovering Booth Rat said...

I was about to be very, very pissed off at you.

Lucy V said...

You absolute git!

I was just about to give you a right talking to.

Well done though, I haven't been April Fooled for years.

Anonymous said...

you can fool me once...

fool me twice...

but...

you can fool me again and again apparently...

good one Pat

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Absolutely f@#!ing brilliant! Was 100% sure that I would n't get fooled this year but I didnt even see it coming.

William said...

I haven't been to your site in a while and this was the first thing I saw. Right after I hit comments and my browser was making the jump I thought, "April fucking Fools!"

Good one, real good.

Team Brindle said...

People are so gullible!

You didn't get me, Rodio. Hah!

Keep on truckin'...